It seems there is a desire for knitters to get-to-gether and knit and from that this blog is born. If you would like some company whilst knitting for the little ones you are very welcome so please do join and knit-a-long with us. Come along ya'all and join the knit-a-long, we need your chat, your project pics, favourite links to all baby related yarns, patterns and other stuff to help make this a great blog.

Tuesday 8 January 2008

Finally knitting baby stuff

Well, I've finally started my duties as an auntie. didn't knit anything for my own kids when they were little nor my other nephews apart from some sock for my now 3 year old newphew a year ago. My sister is having another baby which was due last week but still hasn't turned up. It's going to be a boy. I've been meaning to knit a baby shawl or blanket for ages and finally started over Christmas. I'm knitting squares which will then be sewn together. I'll take some pics later and come back and post them. One of the features I'm planning is a large square in the middle with the baby's name (which I think is going to be Storm) and his date of birth knitted into the middle of the square, then smaller squares around it with different motives. I'll pop back later with some pics.


These are the squares for the border:
A group pic of the yarns i'm using,

And the baby has now arrived. A boy - no name yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How Wonderful Anni, welcome to the little one and do let us know the name (I know a little boy called Storm, it's a lovely name).